Amrita Singh is the famous Bollywood actress and the ex-wife of Bollywood superstar Saif Ali Khan and mother of Sara Ali Khan. She was the most sought after and attractive actress of her time. But even today her acting is applauded.
|Full Name/Real Name||Amrita Singh|
|Physical Stats and more / Body measurements|
|Height||In feet: "5"1'|
In Mtr: 1.55
In cms: 155
|Weight||In Kg: 71|
In Pound: 157 lbs
|Figure measurement||36-30-36 (91-76-91)|
|Dress size||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Salary / earning per movie||N/A|
|Date of birth | DOB||February 9, 1958|
September 2, 1958
|Age||60 yrs. (In 2018)|
|Place of birth||Hadali, Khushab, Punjab, India.|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun sign||Aquarius.|
|Education||School: Modern School, New Delhi.|
|Home town||Punjab, India.|
|Hobbies||Listening Ghazals and Reading.|
|Religion||Hindu.(Converted to Islam before marrying Saif Ali Khan.|
|Father||Shivinder Singh (Army Personnel)|
|Mother||Rukshana Sultana (Political Activist)|
|Martial Status, boyfriends, affairs and more|
|Husband||Saif Ali Khan, (Actor, M: 1991-2003)|
|Children||Ibrahim Ali Khan (Son),|
Sara Ali Khan (Daughter).
|Boyfriend||Sunny Deol (Actor),|
Ravi Shastri (Former Cricketer),
Vinod Khanna (Actor).
Mera Dharam (1986),
Chameli Ki Shaadi (1986),
Kala Dhanda Goray Log (1986),
Naam O Nishan (1987),
Charon ki Saugandh (1988),
Sachai ki Taqt (1989),
Galiyon ka Badshah (1989),
Veeru Dada (1990),
Maut ke farishtey (1990),
Aag Ka Dariya (1990),
Sadhu Sant (1991),
Paap Ki Aandhi (1991),
Dharam Sankat (1991),
Rupaye Dus Karod (1991),
Pyar Ka Saaya (1991),
Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman (1992),
Kal Ki Awaz (1992),
Dil Aashna Hai (1992),
23rd March 1931: Shaheed (2002),
Shootout at Lokhandwala (2007),
Dus Kahaniyaan (2007),
2 States (2014),
A Flying Jatt (2016),
Hindi Medium (2017).
|Awards||1994: Won, Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for Aaina|
2005: Won, Indian Telly Award For Best Actress in a Negative Role (Jury) for Kavyanjali
2006: Won, Star Parivaar Award for Favorite Khalnayak for Kavyanjali
2006: Nominated, Filmfare Best Villain Award for Kalyug
2014: Nominated: Stardust Award for Best Supporting Actress for 2 States
2015: Nominated: Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for 2 States
- Amrita Singh was born on 9th Feb, 1958 to a Sikh-Muslim Couple.
- She was born at Hadali, Khushab in Punjab, India.
- Her nickname was ‘Dingy’.
- Her father’s name is Shivinder Singh and her mother’s name is Rukhshana Sultana.
- Her father Shivinder Singh was an army personal and mother Rukhshana Sultan was and political activist.
- She is the niece of famous author Khushwant Singh and great granddaughter of Shobha Singh, who was Knighted and has prefix of ‘Sir’ before her name.
- She was an Hindu but she converted to Islam before marring Saif Ali Khan.
- She is an Aquarian.
- She was the most sought after actress of her time, and may be the only one who co-starred with both father-son, Dharmendra and Sunny Deol.
- He debut movie was ‘Betaab’ in the year 1983 with co-star ‘Sunny Deol’. The movie was a big hit.
- She was never afraid of doing negative roles.
- She was at the peak of her career, but she left her career when she got married to bollywood superstar Saif Ali Khan in the year 1991, even though Saif was 12 years younger than her.
- The two got separated and had divorced in 2004.
- Amrita and Saif Ali khan has two children, Sara Ali Khan and Ibrahim Ali Khan.
- The two children stays with Amrita in India, but they meet often to Dad Saif.
- Saif Ali khan got married to Kareena Kapoor in 2012 and they both has a son ‘Taimur ali Khan’. Kareena Kapoor is 10 years younger than Saif Ali Khan.
- Amrita Singh made a comeback in industry via TV serials and some movies. Her acting is still praised.
- Her recent movies were ‘2States’, ‘A flying jatt’ and ‘Hindi Medium’.