Amrita Rao is an Indian Actress and model who came into limelight from her film ‘Ishq Vishk’ & ‘Vivah’. Prior to movies she has worked in more than 35 ad commercials.
[table id=AmritaRao /]
Some Facts about Amrita Rao
- Amrita Rao was born on 7th June 1981 in Mumbai.
- She comes from a hindu Saraswat Brahmin family and speaks konkani at home.
- Amrita Rao’s younger sister Preeta Rao is a journalist/columnist and a movie critic. Preetika has also played the role of Aaliya in fiction show “Beintehaa” on Colors.
- Her dad Mr. Deepak Rao owns an Advertising agency.
- She didn’t planed to pursue career in acting because she wanted to become a Psychologist. She eventually completed her graduation in Psychology.
- Amrita has graduated in Psychology from Sophia College. She has done Hindustani Classical singing for 3 years during her school days.
- She is a vegetarian.
- Amrita Rao started her career as a model in TV and print ads.
- She has appeared in more than 35 commercials.
- Her first assignment was the ad of Fairever Face cream.
- Some other famous commercials of amrita rao were Cadbury’s perk , ‘Close-up toothpaste’, and Bru Coffee.
- Ken Ghosh Approch Amrita for his bebut movie ‘Ishq Vishq’. She debuted with co-star Shahid kapoor and the movie was a big hit and Amrita Rao was a famous name in bollywood overnight.
- Amrita Rao then bagged more advertizement assignments like D’Damas Gold Jewellery, Parachute Hair oil and Miss Players Apparels.
- Other famous movies of her includes The Legend of Bhagat Singh (2002), Ishq Vishk (2003), Masti (2004), Main Hoon Na (2004), Vivah (2006), Heyy Babyy (2007), Athidhi (2007), My Name is Anthony Gonsalves (2008), Shaurya (2008), Welcome to Sajjanpur (2008), Victory (2009), Short Kut: The Con is On (2009), Life Partner (2009), Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai (2010), Love U…Mr. Kalakaar! (2011), Jolly LLB (2013), Singh Saab the Great (2013), & Satyagraha (2013),
- Amrita has won 6 awards, mostly for her performances in ‘Ishq Vishk’ and ‘Vivah’.
- Barely just 12 movies and she is already famous in bollywood and crush of many.
- Even Madhuri Dixit applauded her performance at Filmfare awards 2007.
- World renowned painter M.F Hussain choose her as muse for his paining after madhuri dixit.
- She has also done few Telgu Movies.
- She is fluent in quite a few languages like Hindi, English and Marathi.
- She has co-starred in movies with Shahid Kapur, Shahrukh Khan, Zayed Khan, Vivek Oberoi, Mahesh Babu and Akshay Khanna,
- Amrita Rao also won the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Academy Award at the young age of 25.
- She was Offered a role in the Hollywood movie ” A Knight With The King” but turned it down.
- Amrita Rao got married to her boyfriend, RJ Anmol, a popular RJ (radio jockey) turned anchor on May 15, 2016.
- Their wedding ceremony was attended by family and many close friends.
- Amrita said, “It’s been a seven year of blissful relationship and I’m the luckiest to find a soulmate in my life partner. We had a very small (wedding) ceremony with our immediate family members only. A lot has changed most definitely and for the better.”