Amala Paul is a south Indian Flim Actress who works primarily in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam Film Industry. She was married to A.L. Vijay (director) in 2014 but they broke up two years latter in 2016.
[table id=AmalaPaul /]
Facts about Amala Paul
- Amala Paul is an Indian Flim Actress who works primarily in Tamil and south Indian Film Industry.
- Amala was born in a Syro-Malabar Catholic family. Her Father is Paul Varghese and mother is Annice Paul who is a Singer.
- Amala’s brother Abhijith Paul is an actor.
- She started her acting career in 2009 from a Malayalam film ‘Neelathamara’, in which she played the role of ‘Beena’.
- Till now she has done movies in different languages like Malayalam, Tamil, Telgu and Kannada.
- After appearing in few low budget movies, she appeared in a movie ‘Sindhu Samaveli’, where she played the role of ‘Mynaa’. Though the movie was a commertial failure, Amala recieved critical acclamation for her work.
Amala Paul to Anakha to Amala Paul.
- Amala changed her on-screen name Amala Paul to Anakha on the suggestion given by director friend Samy, because another actress, Amala (Amala Akkineni), had already made her name popular.
- But after the failure of her Tamil film ‘Sindhu Samaveli’ in 2010, she again changed her on-screen name ‘Anakha’ to real name ‘Amala Paul’ as she felt that the replacement had brought her bad luck.
- She won several awards in 2013 for her performance in the Malayalam film ‘Oru Indian Pranayakatha’ such as Vanitha Film Awards for Most Popular Actress, Asianet Award for Best Actress, SIIMA Award for Best Actress – Malayalam, and Amrita Film Awards for Best Actor-Female.
Amala Paul’s Husband, wedding & marrage.
- Amala Paul married to her boyfriend A.L. Vijay (director) in 2014. But they broke up 2 years latter in 2016.